One of the most effective acne-fighting treatments around is Blue Light Therapy. What do you need to know about this pore-cleansing treatment? Here, the top 10 things you should know about this proven acne therapy.
1. Blue Light Therapy does not hurt.
2. Blue Light kills the p. acnes bacteria that exists on everyone’s skin and can lead to acne breakouts.
3. There is no downtime with Blue Light therapy.
4. Blue Light Therapy does not contain UV Light.
5. In order to reach the maximum benefits of Blue Light Therapy, you need to practice an acne cleansing regimen every day.
6. You may need up to four treatments of Blue Light Therapy to see best results.
7. Possible side effects of Blue Light Therapy include temporary redness or dryness at treated area.
8. Blue Light Therapy may produce better results when used in conjunction with Red Light Therapy.
9. Blue Light Therapy treats both active acne and prevents future breakouts.
10. Blue Light Therapy sessions last about 15 to 30 minutes.