Here at Clear Clinic we are constantly being asked about the best ways to get rid of acne. The truth is that every patient responds to treatments differently, but there are some general rules when it comes to fighting acne breakouts. Here, our top 10 ways to control–and get rid of–acne:
1) Commit to a skin care regimen with products containing acne-fighting ingredients.
2) Use a Clarisonic device to ensure a deep cleanse.
3) Don’t pick at your skin! Trying to pop your own pimples or even just prodding at your breakout can lead to infection and scarring.
4) Avoid wearing tight helmets, headbands or other constraining apparatuses. Sweat and friction can lead to breakouts.
5) Keep your weight within the healthy range for your body type. Turns out that diet may actually play a role in clear skin.
6) Book an appointment with a dermatologist. Acne is a condition that is best treated in the hands of a medical professional.
8) Invest in an at-home acne-fighting device.
9) Find the right prescription topical medication for your skin.
10) Don’t give up. Finding the right combination of treatments may take a little while. When you do, you will begin to see results after approximately 4 to 6 weeks.