As new treatments for acne are introduced, we feel that it is important to stay on the cutting edge of technology. By embracing the newest treatments for acne, we are able to provide patients with the best treatments for their acne. In-office laser and light-based treatments have proven to be very effective for the treatment of acne; however, it is sometimes difficult to understand what each treatment does and how it helps your skin. For this reason, we have compiled a guide to the difference between blue light and Isolaz laser treatment for acne.
What is the treatment?
- Blue light therapy is an in-office light-based therapy. During the treatment, you will lay in a reclined position, while the blue light is directed at your skin.
- Isolaz is an in-office laser acne treatment. During the treatment, you will lay in a reclined position. You will feel a gentle suction on your skin, as the Isolaz opens your pores, and then a mild sensation of heat as the broad-spectrum light kills acne-causing bacteria in your pores
How does it get rid of acne?
- Blue light therapy kills the p. acnes bacteria that leads to acne.
- Isolaz has two mechanisms; it uses a gentle vacuum to clean out the pores, and a broad-spectrum light to kill the p. acnes bacteria.
Is there any downtime after the treatment?
- Neither treatment produces any downtime. You can return to work or social engagements immediately after your visit.