Acne is a battle that is often fought alone. It takes a lot of courage to make the effort and see a dermatologist about your skin, but the results far outweigh any embarrassment you might have. But once you finally do muster up the courage to make an appointment, you should go into the doctor’s office prepared and armed with a list of questions and talking points. To help yourself better prepare, here are our tips on how to talk to the dermatologist about your acne:
- Don’t downplay your acne breakouts and skin issues.
- Be honest with your dermatologist. Tell him or her exactly the methods you have been using to try and treat your acne.
- Talk to your dermatologist about your budget and devise an acne treatment plan that makes most economical sense.
- Tell the dermatologist about any allergies you may have.
- Be upfront and truthful when answering your doctor’s questions.
The only way your skin will be acne-free and clear forever is if you are straightforward about your skin. Based on your skin type and general habits, the doctor will be able to best prescribe a treatment plan for you. Once you have worked out the details of your acne treatment plan, it’s time to stay focused and serious about treating your acne.