Here’s what to expect during your dermatology visit at the Clear Clinic:
- Prior to your visit, you will fill out pertinent information online. Before you even arrive at the Clear Clinic, we will know which acne medications you’ve tried in the past, what type of treatments you are interested in, and your allergies to medications.
- When you arrive at the Clear Clinic, you will meet with one of our acne-trained dermatology Physician Assistants. They will review your previous acne treatments and listen to your concerns.
- The Physician Assistant (PA) will then closely evaluate your skin to determine the specific needs of your skin. They will review with you the type of acne and acne scarring that you have.
- The PA will then put together a treatment regimen for your acne. This may include skin care products, prescription medications, in-office laser and light treatments, and at-home devices. They will discuss all of the options with you and together you will settle on the treatment regimen that makes the most sense for you.
- If you choose to proceed with laser or light-based acne treatments, you may have your first treatment during your initial visit. Many patients begin with the Isolaz acne treatment during their first dermatology visit at the Clear Clinic. The Isolaz acne treatment is a fast treatment with no downtime, making it a great way to start your acne regimen. After the Isolaz treatment, many patients see a quick improvement of their active acne.
- Prior to leaving the Clear Clinic, the PA will write out your acne regimen, so that there is no confusion regarding how to care for your skin at home.
- You will schedule a follow up visit to the Clear Clinic one month after your initial consultation to evaluate how the treatment is progressing and make any adjustments necessary.