Not all people who suffer from acne have oily skin. In fact, many have combination skin–oily in some areas and dry in others–making it very challenging to fight acne, as many treatments are extremely drying to the skin. Here, Clear Clinic’s tips for treating acne when your skin is both oily and dry:
- Use a benzoyl peroxide treatment with a lower percentage concentration. Benzoyl peroxide is a proven anti-acne treatment, best results are seen when it’s applied twice a day–in the morning and evening.
- Make sure to use moisturizer, but check for ingredients that do not contain additional oils.
- Use skin care products made for sensitive skin types, as they tend to be less drying.
- Do not overuse your acne medications.
- Do not overwash your face, which could lead to more dryness.