The Isolaz treatment for acne is an effective and innovative procedure for both the treatment and prevention of acne. Dr. Schweiger explains that, “The reason that the Isolaz treatment for acne is so effective is that it addresses multiple causes of acne simultaneously. A gentle vacuum cleans oil and debris out of the pores of the skin, while an anti-bacterial broad-spectrum light kills the p. acnes bacteria in the pores.”
What to expect during your Isolaz treatment for acne visit:
- Upon arriving at the Clear Clinic, you will cleanse any makeup, sunscreen or lotion from the skin using a gentle cleanser.
- Goggles will be placed over your eyes to protect the area during the procedure.
- The Isolaz treatment is performed as a series of pulses that cover the entire surface of the affected area of the skin. Each pulse feels like a tiny warm pinch, but is not at all painful.
- The treatment itself takes approximately fifteen minutes.
- After the treatment is completed, we will clean your skin and you are then free to apply sunscreen or makeup if you would like.
- Some patients experience mild redness immediately following the treatment, but most people do not have any downtime after their visit. Patients who experience mild redness generally report that it resolves within the hour.
- You may see some improvement in active acne lesions in the days following your visit, but long-lasting improvement is typically seen after a series of treatments.