The Isolaz acne laser treatment is a unique in-office treatment, used to treat and prevent acne on both the skin and body. Since many of our patients have not had in-office laser or light based treatments before, and may not know what to expect, here is our guide to what to expect during Isolaz acne laser treatment.
- Upon arriving in the office, we will ask that you cleanse your skin, to remove makeup, creams and debris from the skin. The Isolaz acne laser treatment works best when treating clean skin.
- You will then lay down in one of our reclining exam chairs, and protective goggles will be placed over your eyes.
- The treatment is now ready to begin. During the treatment, each area of the face will be wet with a gentle spray of water and then the Isolaz handpiece will be applied to the skin. Once the handpiece is applied to the skin, you will feel a gentle suction (like a soft pinch) and feel a warm sensation. This is the opening and cleaning of your pores and the firing of a broad-spectrum light to kill the p. acnes bacteria that causes acne.
- The treatment itself takes approximately 15 minutes. After it is completed, we will clean your skin and give you a moisturizing sunscreen to apply.
- If you wish to apply makeup prior to leaving the office, you may do so at this time. There is only minimal redness of the skin immediately following the treatment, which resolves by the time you leave the office, for most people.