Acne is such a common skin disorder that many people–especially teens–feel they must just deal with the hand their dealt. The statistics on how many people suffer from acne in the United States vs how many people seek treatment for their acne is shocking. Check out the stats:
- 20% of all adults have active acne breakouts
- 60 million Americans suffer from active acne
- 20 million Americans have the kind of acne that can cause scars
- Only 11% of acne sufferers seek treatment or help from a doctor
- Acne is considered a taboo subject to talk about
Not seeking help for your acne is far more damaging than just sitting around and doing nothing about it. Just like with other ailments, acne is best treated when done with the help of a dermatologist. With early intervention for acne, many detrimental things can be prevented. Most people do not know just how crucial it is to seek in-office treatment for acne. Here, the main reasons why you want to book an appointment with a dermatologist as soon as your acne begins to become a problem:
- If left untreated, your acne will not clear up on its own. In fact, you may end up with scars that can last forever if you do not seek help for your acne.
- A board certified dermatologist can help find the treatment plan exactly right for your skin type and lifestyle.
- When on an acne treatment plan, people with acne feel more optimistic about their skin and can trust a professional for guidance.