It is true that mild cases of acne can be treated with over the counter medications, but most of the time it is best to see a dermatologist.
How to know when it’s time to see a dermatologist for your acne?
- If you experience a sudden break out on any part of your skin and you have never been diagnosed, then you should schedule an appointment with an acne specialized dermatologist.
- If you have been treating your acne with over the counter medications and your acne isn’t getting any better, then you should go see a dermatologist for acne treatment.
- Any severe forms of breakout should be evaluated by a dermatologist. Proper treatment from a dermatologist can prevent deep blemishes that can lead to acne scars.
- If you think that your acne is caused by certain medications, then you should let your acne dermatologist know.
- If your acne is damaging your self-esteem and social interactions, then your dermatologist for acne can help improve your acne condition and help you overcome your emotional distress.
Clear Clinic: The Acne Treatment Center in NYC
Clear Clinic is located in New York City and is a new acne treatment center. Many acne patients come from Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan, Long Island, Westchester and New Jersey to receive specialized acne dermatology treatment. Clear Clinic is run by Dr. Eric Schweiger, a board certified dermatologist who focuses in the treatment of acne and acne scars.