When 19-year-old Cassandra Bankson videoed herself with no makeup on for You Tube last year, she couldn’t even bring herself to watch it for four months. Cassandra has suffered from cystic acne for many years and had spent a lot of time being taunted at school for her bad skin. But now thanks to an overwhelming response, Bankson has become an online sensation, teaching people everywhere how to successfully cover up their acne with makeup.
In this video, she talks about her five best acne-covering tips. We’ve broken them down for you here:
- Use a green tinted concealer to cover your acne. Pimples always have a redness to them, a green concealer will cancel out the redness, allowing foundation to properly do its job and cover the acne.
- Find a thick foundation with creamy, full coverage to smooth out your skin. Her favorite brands are Revlon, Make Up For Ever, Laura Mercier and Hourglass.
- Use layers when applying your foundation. Apply the first layer then let it dry before applying the next layer. This will add a fuller coverage look.
- Contour and highlight the face. This will bring attention to the “triangle” which is the eyes, lips and nose and not the acne.
- Apply either fake eyelashes or lip gloss to detract attention away from your acne.